Pre-wrapped Solenoid Coil
- Length 12", Width 10.5", Height 5"
- Weight - 16 lbs.
- Power Input - 110VAC, 1.5 Amps or 220VAC, 0.75 Amps Auto sensing, 50-60 Hz
- Power Output - 24VDC, 6 Amps
- Temperature - 0° - 140°F
- UL/CSA Rated NEMA 12 enclosure
- Width 10", Length 19"- 48" (depending on pipe diameter)
- Weight 1 lbs.
- Temperature - 0° - 210°F
- Wire #14 gauge lead wire
The installation of the ED2000 unit is easy and non-invasive. The turn-key
"kit" includes an electronic control box and a prewrapped solenoid
coil enclosed in a weather resistant enclosure that can readily be attached to
the control box. The unit can operate with either 110V or 220V outlet.
Installation normally takes less than 20 minutes.
ED 2000 Anti-Fouling System consists of an electronic control unit, a
prewrapped solenoid sheet and a "clam-shell" ABS plastic enclosure.
The clam-shell enclosure is fitted over the condenser supply (and return) pipe
in either a vertical or horizontal position prior to the chiller. The prewrapped
solenoid sheet inside the enclosure is made of a single-stranded 14-18 gauge
wire. The control box is a NEMA 12 rated enclosure.
Location of ED2000 Coil
The best place to install the ED 2000 coil is within 50 feet of pipe length
prior to the chiller that is to be treated. This distance can include valves, 90°
elbows or 180° turns. One coil is mounted on the condenser supply line and, if
required, a second coil is mounted on the condenser return line. If the chemical
water treatment program is maintained then only one coil is required. The
purpose is to protect the chiller. If the ED 2000 system replaces the scale
inhibitors then one coil is mounted on the condenser supply, one coil on the
condenser return and the one coil to the makeup line to the tower.
The first two coils are connected in parallel to one control box. The third
coil for the make-up line is connected to a second control unit. The purpose of
the additional coils is to protect tower from fouling.
- Open up the clam-shell enclosure (the prewrapped coil is already fitted
inside ) and fit it around the pipe. Do not permanently close the enclosure
until the wiring is complete.
- Run the wire from the control box to the clam-shell enclosure. If
additional distance is required, please contact the factory as it is not
suggested to place the coil more than fifty feet from the control box. The
shorter the distance between the control unit and the coils, the better.
Please remove any excess cable.
- Connect the second coil in series by connecting one lead from coil #1 to
one lead on coil #2. The remaining leads would be connected directly to the
- The power supply should be run inside conduit. You may remove the fittings
on the control box and permanently connect the power into the circuit board.
Please have a licensed electrician direct wire the power supply.
- Connect the power plug of the ED 2000 Anti-Fouling unit to a power source
outlet (110V - 220 V, auto sensing, 50-60Hz, 1.5-0.75 Amps).
- Make sure the green light is on. The red, ALARM light indicates that there
is an open circuit - a hole in the flow of current. If a red light is on,
check the coil connections.
- Testing: A test may be performed to insure the unit is operating under
optimal conditions. Measure the amperage of the coil connections with a
multimeter. It should indicate a minimum of 4.5 Amps and 0.450 KHz. This is
a DC current. The power is converted from 110 V, 1.5 Amps to 24VDC, 6 Amps.
- If you have any questions regarding this installation, please contact the
factory at (845) 344-5210 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The ED 2000 Anti-Fouling system comes with a three year warranty. ED 2000
will replace or repair any system found defective for a period of three years
from the date of purchase.