- Length 12", Width 10.5", Height 5"
- Weight - 16 lbs.
- Power Input - 110VAC, 1.5 Amps or 220VAC, 0.75 Amps Auto sensing, 50-60 Hz
- Power Output - 24VDC, 6 Amps
- Temperature - 0° - 140°F
- UL/CSA Rated NEMA 12 enclosure
Prewrapped Solenoid Coil
- Width 10", Length 19"- 48" (depending on pipe diameter)
- Weight 1 lbs.
- Temperature - 0° - 210°F
- Wire #14 gauge lead wire
- ABS plastic weather resistant coil enclosure
- Optional stainless steel coil enclosure
INSTALLATION OF ED 2000 Anti-Fouling System
The installation of the ED2000
unit is easy and non-invasive. The turn-key "kit" includes
an electronic control box and a prewrapped solenoid coil
enclosed in a weather resistant enclosure that can readily
be attached to the control box. The unit can operate with
either 110V or 220V outlet. Installation normally takes less
than 20 minutes.
ED 2000 Anti-Fouling System consists of an electronic control unit, a
prewrapped solenoid sheet and a "clam-shell" ABS
plastic enclosure. The clam-shell enclosure is fitted over the condenser
supply (and return) pipe in either a vertical or horizontal position prior
to the chiller. The prewrapped solenoid sheet inside the enclosure is made
of a single-stranded 14-18 gauge wire. The control box is a NEMA 12 rated
LOCATION OF ED 2000 COIL
The best place to install the ED 2000 coil is within 50 feet of pipe
length prior to the chiller that is to be treated. This
distance can include valves, 90° elbows or 180°
turns. One coil is mounted on the condenser supply line and, if required, a
second coil is mounted on the condenser return line. If the
chemical water treatment program is maintained then
only one coil is required. The purpose is to protect the chiller. If
the ED 2000 system replaces the scale inhibitors then one coil is mounted
on the condenser supply, one coil on the condenser
return and the one coil to the makeup line to the tower.
The first two coils are connected in parallel to one control box. The
third coil for the make-up line is connected to a second control unit. The
purpose of the additional coils is to protect tower from fouling.
- Open up the clam-shell enclosure (the prewrapped coil is already
fitted inside ) and fit it around the pipe. Do not permanently close the
enclosure until the wiring is complete.
- Run the wire from the control box to the clam-shell enclosure.
If additional distance is required, please contact the factory as it is not
suggested to place the coil more than fifty feet from the control box. The shorter
the distance between the control unit and the coils, the better. Please remove any
- Connect the second coil in series by connecting one lead from
coil #1 to one lead on coil #2. The remaining leads would
be connected directly to the control unit.
- The power supply should be run inside conduit. You may remove
the fittings on the control box and permanently connect
the power into the circuit board. Please have a licensed electrician direct
wire the power supply.
- Connect the power plug of the ED 2000 Anti-Fouling unit to a power source
outlet (110V - 220 V, auto sensing, 50-60Hz, 1.5-0.75 Amps).
- Make sure the green light is on. The red, ALARM light indicates that
there is an open circuit - a hole in the flow of current. If a red light is on,
check the coil connections.
- Testing: A test may be performed to insure the unit is operating
under optimal conditions. Measure the amperage of the coil connections
with a multimeter. It should indicate a minimum of 4.5 Amps and
0.450 KHz. This is a DC current. The power is converted from 110 V, 1.5 Amps to
24VDC, 6 Amps.
- If you have any questions regarding this installation, please contact
the factory at (610) 286-0851 or email@example.com
The ED 2000 Anti-Fouling system
comes with a three year warranty. ED 2000 will replace or repair any system
found defective for a period of three years from the date of purchase.